Monday, September 23, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

       This past week was absolutely crazy!  The combination of classes starting, work, and trying to have a social life leaves time for nothing else.  My days off are fairly set to be Mondays and Tuesdays.  This is nice because my Human Resource Management course is four hours every Monday for the next 11 weeks.  The class seems fairly interesting thus far however I am not looking forward to the amount of reading involved!  My other class, Organizational Leadership, seems like it will be a little more fun.  This one meets every Thursday morning for four hours which means I will generally have a six hour shift following class.  I also had my first Disney Internships and Programs workshop this past Friday!  It was the Resume Writing workshop that showed us how to put Disney on our resume and helpful tips on what companies are looking for.
       It has definitely been a crazy weekend at Space Mountain!  We have had down times just about every day for various reasons which is sadly inconvenient for our Guests.  I did, however, have the chance to evacuate people from the track a couple times which is something I had never done before.  I feel like I learn something new everyday at the mountain.  It is such a complex working environment but has already taught me a lot about myself and how to work professionally in a very different atmosphere.
       Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!  It was a great time!  We saw the Villains' show in front of the castle and even took pictures with Maleficent and Dr. Facilier with help from a very kind Character Attendant.  Maleficent is definitely one of my favorite characters and she doesn't come out for pictures all that often so needless to say I was pretty excited!  We also watched the special Halloween Parade then made our way over to watch the fireworks.  On our way there we stopped and tried the Nutella waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. It. Was. To. Die. For.  Imagine a giant waffle covered in Nutella with fresh fruit on top, it was delicious! We then ended up finding spots right next to the Walt statue in front of the castle which turned out to be the best place to watch the fireworks!  It surprisingly wasn't very crowded and gave us a straight on view of the castle.  It was a great show that included a finale with fireworks shooting from 180 degrees around Magic Kingdom!  After that we visited some friends who were handing out treats in Tomorrowland.  Something special about the Halloween parties is that you are free to roam all around the park where there are several treat stations in each land.  This means you leave with tons of candy and a lot of temptation for the next month!  Toward the end of the night we were also able to find the Decapitated Dans!  They are a spooky twist on Main Street's Dapper Dans a four man acapella group.
       This last week was definitely very busy but I wouldn't trade a single minute of it!  I am having so much fun and gaining invaluable experience I would never have found anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment