Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Why I Love My Job

In the past week I have been going nonstop from training to park hopping to golfing!  However, between yesterday and today my training took a halt and I was assigned to park strollers for 8.5 hours both days.  By today I can tell you I was wishing to go back to Space Mountain!  I can also tell you how to operate just about any stroller you can imagine!  As I was organizing a group of strollers I stopped to talk to an elderly gentleman.  We proceeded to talk about where I was going to school and how he even had a Lutheran girlfriend from Iowa when he was younger!  After we were done talking he wished me a wonderful day because I had made his day wonderful. 
Even though I spent hours doing the simplest of tasks it was so fulfilling to have made a difference in one person's day.  And the best part was that all I had to do was be kind.  Throughout the day I saw children light up when I gave them stickers and a woman who was so grateful that I took 15 minutes to talk her through Magic Kingdom and the other parks.  Though these magical moments were only about 10% of my day they remind me why I love Disney so much.  At Disney World we all have the opportunity to hold ourselves to higher standards than most jobs.  Whether we are parking strollers, serving food, or performing in a show.  We all have the power to give someone else a moment of happiness.  And that is what makes working at Disney worth it.

1 comment: